Sunday, 7 January 2018

Clearing The Plot - Day 5


It's been some time since I have been able to get down and continue clearing and working on plot 1, what will having a weekend away, Christmas and wet weekends, but today I managed to get a visit in from 9 - 1:30. I had to recover the lids from the incinerators and from one of the storage bins, and then worked on digging out the tree roots and covering as much of plot 1 As possible with the weed membrane.


All manor of materials bags of leafs, hoop frames, bread trays, concrete slabs and timber recovered from the plot have been used to weigh down the weed membrane. I started to reduce the level in the internal corner formed by the wall and weeded and extracted the dross from the soil. 


Here is the view up the allotment from the entrance. I'm hoping I have enough on the weed membrane to hold it down against the wind. Time passes so quickly when you are busy on the plot.

No comments:

Post a comment