Monday 13 March 2017

Replacing the Double Frame Greenhouse

The two tier Double Space Greenhouse has been on my allotment since 2013 and has served me well as a place to grow tomatoes for three years.

End of last year the plastic finally gave up the ghost and it's currently standing there in tatters, but I have a cunning plan. There is water proof ply left over from the wet room that the contractor has no room to keep for his next wet room project, and has asked me if I could use it anywhere.

Of course I can and very quickly it has been sawn in half and a slope added to the top of each sheet and I now have two side panels that can be screwed to the wall. 

I will make a frame up and fix a sheet of polycarbonate to the top and I have another sheltered from the blight carrying rain, and a grow area for tomatoes in pots on my plot again.  

The panels were dropped off at Mill Green Allotment on Sunday morning along with mushroom trays of chitting potatoes so they are there ready to plant at the end of March / start of April   

On the way home I dropped off some mushroom trays to Spencer Road allotment and as they were semi dry, managed to get the scaffold boards cut for one Walking Onion bed before the rain started and it was time anyway to make my way home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment