Reviewing the diary over the last four years for March
2013 - Planning, Infrastructure Works, Paving, Clearing Plot
2014 - Erecting Greenhouse, Cutting holes in weed membrane, Sowing Potatoes, warming beds, Making self watering propagators, Sowing Tomatoes, Beetroots and spring onions
2015 - Clearing the greenhouse on the plot, Turning Compost,Sowing in the space saver greenhouse, Potatoes In Buckets
2016 - Bought the second allotment plot greenhouse, Fitting out the inside of the shed, digging, weeding and installing comfrey bed, Digging, weeding and bed making, Scrounging Paving Slabs and Roof Battens, Sow Tomatoes, Potatoes etc.
As with February so much depend on the weather, but the objectives for March 2017 are in many ways similar to those in march for the last four years, in fact I have another greenhouse to erect on my second plot. So here is the to do list in no particular order and catching up with what actually happened in Feb and what slipped.
- As much infrastructure works as the weather will allow - Ongoing
- Raise the paving for the greenhouse- Ongoing
- Erect the greenhouse - planned if wife's health and the weather allows.
- Weed the area and create Beds 6 & 8 for the onions - Too wet in February but now half of bed 6 has been dug.
- Make another 2.4m x 1.2m Onion Planting Membrane - Done
- Make Walking Onion raised bed frames. too wet in Feb
- Prepare Asparagus Bed - now getting urgent as due soon
- Tidy Up the Allotment - Ongoing
- Clear The Greenhouse - Ongoing and nearly done
- Hoop Cages and Netting for Onions from Mill Green to Spencer Road - Not Yet but blue pipe.
- Drain and Move Nettle Water Butt to Spencer Road - Not Yet
- Install hoop eyes and training wires for trees - Not Yet
- Prepare Cauliflower Beds
- Warm Up Carrot Bed
- Trim the grapevine Back
- Clear the crap out of the sheds - Not Yet
- Sow all the seeds Listed Here
- Already stocked up with coir for 2017, but I will need to replenish for 2018 - Started
- Check condition of saved seed potatoes in the shed after heavy frost - Not Yet
- Purchase vent opener for new greenhouse.- Not Yet