Friday 2 December 2016

Beds 2 & 4 Cleared

An odd hour Wednesday and today and I now have the celery all chopped up and in Dalek 1 which is once again topped up to the brim. No water as it's turned off so some ice that is still floating on the rain held by the plastic sheets has been added on top so that it wets the celery as it melts.

The purple boxes are washing tablet boxes and are currently being used to hold stones that come to the surface during the weeding. I will leave the beds open to the elements for a couple of weeks and hopefully any slugs will get frozen to death before I cover with a weed membrane once I have bought some sand and made some soft bricks to hold the sheets down. The wind does lick through the site and I don't want them flying off. 

Thankfully no more signs of shed attack of vandalism during the last two visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment