Sunday 18 December 2016

Onion Support, Manure & Leafs

I had planned what was next for plot 23B, however it was foggy this morning and I finished off installing the supporting tomato stem clip rings on wires to the onions as the foliage is starting to droop and spread over the trays.


I was the first one on the plot, but slowly many more plot holders turned up. I looked at the manure heap and it was more like a lump than a heap. For some reason people didn't want so scrape off the layer on the path so I did and filled two flower buckets and the wheelbarrow with nice rotted manure. Another 3 - 4 trips and I had topped up Dalek 5 to the brim and filled 10 flower buckets up.
Next weeding of bed 4 and then a covering of leafs, I did have to de wood the bags, so I must have words with you daughter and her man about just exactly is and isn't good the allotment.

The phones battery died so no photograph of the weed membrane and holding down used to stop it blowing away. Wednesday I'm picking up some sand and making some soft bricks up and hopefully covering up bed 2 before the policeman arrives to chat about the break-ins.

I also set out the rest of the beds along the path with my neighbour so I could see where the greenhouse fruit cages will be. The compost I brought with me went into Dalek 1 and a layer of shredded paper on top to keep the warmth in and the worms happy.

Bed frame 6 has been stacked on top of bed 4 and bed frame 5 on top of bed 7 ready to expose both beds so they can be dug, however this is not now likely until the new year with only a week to go to Christmas.

Update Bed 4 covered and the bed / paths staked out along the neighbours path.


No comments:

Post a Comment