Tuesday 13 December 2016

3 Prong Long Handle Cultivator


I've been looking at these for some time and prices range anything from £14 - £30 depending on make material and who is selling them.

1) Take one hand cultivator being sold off at £1.50 at the Co-op.
2) Cut off the end of the handle at the joint with a saw.
3) Clean up the cut end with small file and/or sand paper.
4) Measuring depth of hollow handle and then file an old (or New) broom handle so it just fits inside.
5) Drill small pilot hole for screw in the plastic handle about half way.
6) Insert broom handle and insert screw.
7) Wipe the broom handle over with some teak oil from the shed.




Job done - one long handled 3 prong cultivator for the allotment that has not cost me the earth...

2 comments:

  1. That's very inventive! I went for the 'please buy me this for Christmas' option...but I might try this with a cheap trowel. A long-handled cultivator is a great thing to have though. I prefer it to a hoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, I've knocked one up for each allotment.

      Delete