Tuesday 29 November 2016

Crime Management Services

Today I received an email from the Crime Management Services basically thanking me for contacting the police to report the recent crime. By reporting this I have apparently helped the police to understand local crime and police the area more effectively!.

It then informs me that they are writing to inform me that this crime is being assigned to a dedicated investigating officer.

Which is more than likely to be one of the Parks police that you can't ever get hold off because they only appear to work in the afternoons Monday to Friday, but we will see. 

It the proceeds to inform me that "This officer will be in contact shortly (if they have not been already) to discuss the investigation further. Please tell the officer how you would prefer to be contacted, so that they can keep you fully up to date throughout the course of the investigation."

Then follows information about getting advice on crime prevention, further support or information about local policing, the investigating officer will be happy to help. Alternatively, I can find useful crime prevention advice on our crime prevention pages at www.met.police.uk/crimeprevention. also If I  would like independent support or advice I can contact Victim Support at any time on 020 7740 8282 or online at www.victimsupport.org.uk.

It then informs me that although the investigating officer should contact me at the earliest opportunity, occasionally other operational policing issues cause short delays, and if I have not been contacted within 5 days of receiving this letter I should chase them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment