Tuesday 21 February 2023

The Garden Press Event 2023


As regular readers of manVslug.uk will know I've been attending this event annually since 2014 and I always enjoy the day and meeting up with other bloggers who are regarded as freelance gardening journalist and the occasional celebrity gardener, professional gardening journalist and authors. 


I always see The Garden Press Event as kicking off my growing season after dealing with infrastructure on the allotment over the late Autumn and Winter months. 

My wife was unwell in 2022 and I didn't manage to attend the event, following the virtual 2021 event due to covid, it was nice today to once again be able to visit the Business Design Centre in Islington London. 

The event was well attended by both exhibitors ( listed below with hyperlinks to their web sites) and members of the gardening press. I had done my desk study and had determined which of the exhibitors were regulars and just needed to be caught up with to see what's new and which were new and had not attended before, and were there to launch new products. 

There were a few exhibitors that I had planned to visit that I didn't manage too as they were busy each time I circled back around to their stalls to try and visit them again, but the 2023 Garden press event catalogue provides the press contacts for each company, so not all is lost, and I will be chasing those companies up over the next few weeks. 


I'm downloading photographs and press media material tonight and will cover some of the companies and products I've seen today over the next few weeks, in between post about what's happening on my two half plots 1 & 1A known collectively as "Avalon". 

There are companies that will be sending me products to trial and review and those will follow in due course as well. 

 

Johnsons Lawn Seed &
Neudorf
f

Joy Of Plants

Kamado Joe and 
Masterbuilt

Kress
Liquid Gold Leaf

Makita
Mayhem UK Ltd
Maze Ltd
Melcourt Industries Ltd

Mr Fothergill's Seeds Ltd

New Leaf Compost

Newby Hall + Gardens and the Harrogate Autumn Flower Show

Niwaki

Phostrogen
Pictorial Meadows
Plant Healthy Certification
Scheme Ltd

Plant Heritage National Plant Collections

PlantGrow

Qwickhose
Responsible Sourcing Scheme Ltd

RocketGro Limited

SBM Life Science Ltd

Singing Friend
Sorbus International Ltd

Southern Trident Ltd

Spear and Jackson UK Ltd

STIGA

Stihl Ltd

STV  International

Sustainable Plant Store

Taylors Bulbs
The Plant Clinic
Town & Country
Tropical Plants UK 

TurfSolv

Urban Farm It

Vitavia Garden Products 

Vitax Ltd

Westland Horticulture Ltd
Wildlife World

Wolf Garten

Woodlodge Products
Worx

1Up Natural Products Ltd

 

 

#gardenpressevent


No comments:

Post a Comment