Thursday 2 February 2023

Greenhouse Loft Extension Erection Day

For those that have been following the loss of my opening vent to the plot 1 Greenhouse, during a storm in December will know that I came up with a novel way to replace it and to ensure that the greenhouse gets ventilated when it gets hot. 

Photos
Left: The temporary fix
Middle: The hole left by the missing window
Right: with the dormer fitted.


Yesterday I visited the plot and took the prefabricated dormer extension and fitted it into the hole left by the mangled opening vent. 

I'm one very chuffed person, the prefabricated dormer fitted straight in and was glued into place, and the fans operate even when it's overcast, they speed up when the sun is shining and you can't see the blades.


Now I just want to get the second one built for the other greenhouse and fitted. I've assembled the shelving system and cleaned out the inside of the greenhouse, and have two large sacks of coffee grounds drying, my greenhouse smells great!


Here is the prefabricated dormer extension on our dining room table, after I completed assembling the parts Tuesday night. 
The connections for the fans are under the panel and will get shielded from the rain, they are water proof but better safe than sorry. And yes they are mounted to catch the sun all day.


I pre-fabricated the support for the solar panel making the slope 35 degrees which is the best angle for Summer in the UK



Tack welding with the Ryobi glue gun then infilling on both sides of the polycarbonate. 


Give a man a Ryobi Glue Gun and there is no stopping him

No comments:

Post a Comment