Sunday 9 September 2018

Clearing Tomatoes and Plot 1


The cunning plan was to harvest as much as possible and do some clearing up, the tomato plants were beginning to look a little ragged and weedy and I thought it would be good to harvest all the tomatoes and clear the bed ready for winter, so that's what I did. 

What I was not expecting was to obtain a full mushroom tray full of red and green Rapunzel tomatoes, I love these small tomatoes, the wife and I tend to have 5 or 6 each lunch time with our sandwich which is one reason I grow as many tomatoes as I do each year. 

I ended up with a further two mushroom trays of Crimson Crush tomatoes at about 60:40 Green:Red to be added to the others in the Space Saver Greenhouse in the back garden.

I harvest a whole bucket of cucumber and gave a couple to my Brother & Sister in law who popped down to the allotment to harvest some carrots as they have not had much luck with cucumbers this year. 

I made another two Bread Tray Saw Horses and had a tidy up on Plot 1 in preparation of cutting up more timber joists to be used as raised beds. 

When I made coffee and having the drill I put up the hooks along the back of the shed and behind the stove for the hand tools. It's amazing what you can do when your waiting for a kettle to boil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment