Monday 10 October 2016

Clearing Plot 23B Bed 1


Reports of little arseholes breaking into sheds and nicking vegetables filtered through facebook Sunday night. Luckily they were disturbed and did not nick anything from sheds only half a dozen of Dereks cabbages.   

The battery drill that had the batteries charged Saturday ready for use Sunday only just managed to put together the timber decking boards for bed 5. It looks like I will have to buy a replacement, I was hoping it would last long enough that someone could buy me a replacement for Christmas but I can't wait that long for a replacement. So as I could not assemble the raised beds, I decided to clear and cut up the rest of the butternut squash and topped up three daleks at the end of the plot. Brother in law Keith and his wife Pauline were on their plot spreading manure Keith had got from a local stables.

The Crimson Crush tomatoes were finally giving way to blight so they were dug up, cut up and bagged up and taken home destined for the rubbish bin. With the butternut squash off the paved area next to the shed I can start levelling the slabs ready for the erection of the greenhouse over the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment