Wednesday 12 October 2016

A Nagging Feeling

Joe had told me that the little darlings that had broken into sheds and nicked Dereks cabbages including his two best for the year had used a set of steps to assist in getting over the fence. 

Derek now thinks that perhaps they got in through the gate that someone had not locked behind them, that they were disturbed perhaps when someone came late to the allotment and had to find another way out.

When Joe told me about the steps I replied "I wonder where they got those from"  

A nagging feeling and though came into my mind over night and I now know the answer. My daughters partner gave me an old beat up plaster and paint covered set that were left in the cellar of their new maisonette. I'm going to use them to get to the top of the shed for painting and ultimately when required for replacing the felt.They were not in the shed but laid down on top of some correx to stop the wind taking it. When I looked they were gone, the steps they used were mine!

So the compost drop off visit became a shed tidying exercise which was needed anyway as the squash needed spreading out and I have another timber shoe rack to go on the bench. It's going to need modifying to fit, but that's a job for another day.

With space made the steps were recovered from Joe's shed and now reside in my shed rather than laying on the floor outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment