Sunday 7 August 2016

More Celery & Spring Onions

It's time for the last of the Celery and Spring Onions to exit the Space Saver greenhouse and go into the vacant space in bed 2 at Spencer Road. Timber from the old door and excess timber donated by Andy was also taken down to the allotment.

Once I had planted the remainder of bed 4 and the half of bed 2 with Celery and Spring Onions, half a dozen Celery were left so I left them in Liz's Polytunnel as I asked last week if she would like a few, I'd rather donate to fellow allotment holder than turn them into compost.

Joe who had half a dozen Celery plants from me last week gave be some smashing spring onions and large cooking onions. 

Modifications to the watering system were made and I now have a watering spur at the bottom of that allotment that can reach the compost bins and the strawberries. I need to find a few more hoselok connections, and I suspect I have a few down on plot 1A.

The Burpless Cucumbers have gone crazy and I came away with three more massive cucumbers two of which will go to Emma and Elaine. The shed  received a tidy up whist I looked for the fittings for the hose and to make room for the timber. 

On the way home a drop off at Mill Green to pick some runner beans, water the tomatoes, assist the sweetcorn in fertilising the cobs, then home.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment