Friday 31 December 2021

The Stars Align...


And I get to visit Avalon!

It's been wet for way too long, I have wanted to get out of the house and down to the allotment for so long. Kelly helped by prizing me out of my little broom cupboard office as the sun was trying to shine and I had a couple of hours of sunlight left today. 

I arrived to find the new family on plot 14 beavering away, and doing so well clearing the plot of weeds and debris, Michelle the Bee lady had been very busy and had moved a vast amount of woodchips from the drop off and pick up area (car park) to bottom of her plot where her fruit trees live. 

He who is not often seen, popped out from one of his two half plot camps, as there are new people on the site.

I was looking for the box of 100 mini daffs that I had bought from Suttons when they were on offer, and finally after a bit of a tidy in the shed I found them and proceeded to use the Ryobi drill and Power Planter to place then either side of the four Raspberry beds as a little bit of early colour and food for the bees at the front of the plot 1 entrance. 

I have other bulbs to plant, but they will have to wait until the next time I can get down to the plot.     

No comments:

Post a Comment