Friday, 14 August 2026

Building Raised Beds 4, 5 and 6


View of the Back Garden Allotment from the rear bedroom window this morning after my neighbour Sid and I put together three more raised beds from the boards that I got ready and had the screws in ready for assembly.

I was sowing Dwarf French Climbing Beans in the back of bed 1 this morning when Sid next door came out to hang his washing and he asked if I was ready to assemble some more raised bed frames? I told him I was when ever he was ready, and he said I will just pop and pick up my newspaper and we can do it when I get back.  
 
 
The 3ft scaffold boards are not as wide as the 4ft boards and there will be some gaps and with the twist in some scaffold boards we had to ....umm  persuade the Joints into square to screw them together
 

As my old Dad would have said "Well a blind man would be happy to see it" I may not bother lifting the slabbed area and just build over it, the slabs are too heavy for me to handle. 

 
I now need to get some woodchip and fill the bottom layers of the raised beds with the old timber decking tiles up to the top of the first scaffold board level then fill with manure, compost and finally a mulch mix. I also need to bring another lot of hoops home from Mill Green that  about two weeks away, as I have a visit planned for the Bank Holiday weekend. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment