There is not a whole lot of growing that happens in December, its normally blustery, cold, rainy, and overcast. It's the only time of the year with no sowing programme, though some enthusiasts and trophy hunters will ignore convention. I can't shut my plot down completely because there is too much tidying and maintenance to do on plot 1A and I have infrastructure works to undertake on plot 1. I also need to go there for some Allotment Therapy and get out of the house.
2013 - Mainly clearing up the plot, Growing and cut and drop green manure, installing an infrastructure of paths and beds. Harvesting Sprouts
2015 - Mainly clearing up the 2nd plot on Spencer Road, Growing and cut and drop green manure, installing an infrastructure of paths and beds. Harvesting Sprouts, carrots and parsnips
2018 - Lots of rain and not a great deal of work possible this month. Grow Your Own Tomato Seed Circle package arrives. 30th December and I was clearing the sweetcorn from the beds and putting to sleep for winter.
Early into March I ended up self isolating because my wife is very high risk and from the looks we were in isolation for a lot longer than the 12 weeks. My first visit to the plot was on July 21st Fathers Day.
- Clear Bed 2 of Cabbages and cover - TBD
- Remove and dispose of Corex on the roof - TBD once a couple of dry days.
- Re felt the roof of the shed - Awaiting a couple of dry days
- Fix the potting Bench - TBD after the bindweed is removed.
- Clear the Wasp Nest in greenhouse 1A - Completed
- Rhubarb Bed to be created - I have now cleared the weeds in the bed and covered in cardboard in current location and will move the Rhubarb when I expose it again on plot 1, or perhaps buy some new.
- Tidy Up the Allotment - Ongoing
- Weeding - Ongoing
- Butternut Squash - Harvested and Foliage Composted.
- As much infrastructure works as the weather will allow - Raised Beds, Paths etc. One bed of Raspberries dug weeded and created, two more beds required for Raspberries that have arrived and need to get in the ground.
- Beds and Paths - Main Path into Plot 1 completed now need to dig and weed the remaining square foot gardening beds and two raspberry beds.
- Erect the greenhouse - New Timbers have been cut and treated Need to find brackets
- Clear the debris from the bottom of Plot 1 - TBD
- Install the kerb edging along the bottom of Plot 1 - TBD
- Clear the weeds and install a 600mm margin around the perimeter of the plot - Trimmed path around plot 1 during November, margin to be installed
- Trench for hose from corner of plot 1 to the tap and water butt - TBD
- Empty Last years Apple Dalek and relocate to Dalek Army 2 - Moved into location but not installed as I need too
- Prep the next Dalek area - TBD
- Cut and paint timber for the Square Foot Gardening raised beds - When dry and able
- Cut and paint timber for the Raspberries raised beds - Done
- Tidy Up the Allotment - Ongoing over the Autumn/ Winter to be completed by March 2021
- Stockpile Timber ready for burning - Most burnt by John for me
- Planning - Ongoing
- Catalogue Seeds - Last of the Vegetables for 2021 added to Index
- Cut Path Weed Membrane - When dry
- Cut Bed Weed Membrane - When dry
- Cut Planting Membrane - Make some narrow bed tomato planting sheets
- None at the moment.- Add when remembered.