Wednesday 13 April 2016

9 Heavy 600mm Square Slabs

I received a txt last night from Frances who let me have all those slabs via Freecycle a few weeks back that 6 of the rest of them were ready for collection. I was up at the crack of dawn, reviewing some calculations and drawings for a client who's builder and structural engineer don't see eye to eye. Then once the rush our was over I went to collect them thinking that one trip would do it.

What awaited me was not the textured slabs, but 600 x 600mm x 50mm thick dense concrete smooth slabs that had been under the massive shed which has now been replaced. So not 6 or 8 per trip but 3 because of the thickness. two trips wiped out the rest of the morning and the last an hour and a half in the afternoon.

I was lucky that my brother in law Keith was over the allotment and helped me unload and stack them. They will not be going much further from where they are stacked only in front and the side of the shed as they are too heavy to hump anywhere else.

Once they are in place I can finally fix the location of bed in front of the shed. It looks like I will be catching up with work tonight whilst the wife watches her soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment