Sunday 28 May 2023

Shed Maintenance

The weather has been great over the long bank holiday weekend and I have spent a whole lot of time on the allotment.

I arrived about 9:15 and the temperature in the potting shed was already between 29C - 30C in the plot 1 greenhouse it was between 41 - 43.3C with the fans going and the door closed.

I filled in the open joints that are appearing in the Plot 1 T&G boarding to the front thanks to the sun constantly shining on the front elevation.

A couple of coats of red cedar paint over the filler later in the day and each time I passed on my trips back and forth past the shed I did some more boards on the front. I still need to do the rest of the shed but that's a job for another day.


I've had making this bird feeder in my mind for some time, and in clearing the greenhouse and finding bird feeders that Emma & Kelly had bought me in the past, and unearthing some basket hangers, I screwed them to the old handrail that I brought down to the allotment when I had the stairlift fitted 10 years ago. An example of how the wood pile I have in the racking is useful.


I moved the sweetcorn out into the Square Foot Gardening Bed to try and give them some more sunshine and to attempt the straighten them up as they have been leaning towards the sun in the potting shed.


As I gave all the plants in the potting shed a bath yesterday I put out the cucumbers I wanted to plant out in the sunshine to dry out so they would be easier to move into their final homes.


Dry path worthy woodchip skimmed off the top of the pile


Greenhouse on Plot 1 now clear of a lot of stored coffee grounds. I have dried , processed and put into containers what was in the greenhouse, and now have been filling trays of fresh coffee grounds to dry out.


The smell in the Greenhouse is great! I may be awake and high for some time.


Excess coffee grounds now stored in a Dalek on plot 1A near the greenhouse and I also shared the love a gave a sack to John, Wally and Machelle. My sister Elaine gets the coffee for me from Starbucks when she gets her morning fix for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment