Wednesday 10 May 2023

Attacking Mares Tail from SFG Bed 2 Again


Hospital appointment cancelled by phone as I arrived in the car park, so I ended up getting a Cornish pasty and heading the allotment to play in the sun until the rain came. I cleared the mares tail from SFG Bed 2 that was only cleared a couple of weeks ago.

SFG Bed 2 just after I started clearing the Mare tail. No dig my backside, I had to dig around to try and get as much roots out as possible.

The cardboard is still there but the Mares tail has found its way into the beds.

Mares Tail Roots



After Cleating the Mares Tail 

After Cleating the Mares Tail 

Bed 15 weeds and Mares tail before weeding.

This is how far I got clearing this bed 15 before rain stopped play, and I ended up going home. .

Bed 15 from the potting shed as the rain came.

Raspberry Path cleared of mares tail 

I cut the last slat for the staging bottom shelf.

I was in the process of weeding and removing Mares tail from Bed 15 which is going to have sweetcorn in this year when the heavens opened up, so I was sorting out things in the potting shed until there was a small window of opportunity to get to the car and out of the allotment without getting drenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment