Reviewing the diary over the last eight years for January
2013 - Infrastructure works, Laying concrete 43 slab paths and patio area, Collecting Leafs
2014 - Infrastructure works, Plastic edging from the Window Factory, Digital Thermometers from Lidl, dismantle a greenhouse, Bean trench, Chitting Potatoes, Onions from seed
2015 - Coir Blocks from Poundland, Onions from Seed, Spacesaver Greenhouse, Chitting Potatoes, Onions from seed. Allotment Winter Tidy Up
2016 - Infrastructure works base for the Shed on Spencer Road, Sarpo Spuds arrive end of January, and were set chitting
2017 - Infrastructure works, Laying concrete slabs, Base for the patio area on Spencer Road, Digital Thermometers from Lidls for the additional green house and Grow Station, Tomato Compost & Coir to the plot as soil conditioner
2018 - Infrastructure works covering the plot with weed membrane, Moving infrastructure materials like kerb stones from Spencer Road to Mill Green, Worked out the Tomato Grow List for 2018 after receiving the GYO Seed Circle packs, Overwintering Spring Onion experiment and walking onions in the greenhouse. Updates the Gardeners Guidance publication for idverde & LBS, Beast from the East & Terracotta Pot Heater in the greenhouse.
2019 - Only 8 post last January, Planted up a bed of tulips and daffodils. Reducing the amount of hawthorne along the wall and had a fire in the incinerators, Infrastructure work cutting joists to size and painting them.
2020 - Buying and Sorting seeds, so much rain in December 2019 that the grotto canal was flooded, Davros and the Genesis of the composting Army II, Storm Brendan took Wally's polytunnel for a kite ride over the fence, First two full beds on plot 1 dug weeded and installed, Emma & Andy helped me build 7 raised beds and stack them ready to install during the year. Mentioned in Dispatches by Waltons, Reviewing the BioGreen Firefly, Mentioned in Dispatches by Thompson & Morgan
To Do List
Below is the to do list in no particular order and catching up with what actually happened in and what what has slipped in December 2019 and needs addressing.
The second wave continues and most sensible people are anticipating a rise in the the amount of cases and deaths again. Unlike the first wave when I stayed in doors for five months shielding my wife, this time as I can't work as much I will be taking the opportunity of exercising on the allotment and looking after my mental well being to get everything ready for the coming growing season.
To Do List
Below is the to do list in no particular order of what needs to be done and what has slipped
Mill Green - Plot 1A
- Clear Bed 2 of Cabbages and cover - TBD
- Remove and dispose of Corex on the roof - TBD once a couple of dry days.
- Re felt the roof of the shed - Awaiting a couple of dry days
- Fix the potting Bench - TBD after the bindweed is removed.
- Rhubarb Bed to be created - I have now cleared the weeds in the bed and covered in cardboard in current location and will move the Rhubarb when I expose it again on plot 1, or perhaps buy some new.
- Tidy Up the Allotment - Ongoing
- Weeding - Ongoing
Mill Green - Plot 1
- Apple - Prune Trees
- As much infrastructure works as the weather will allow - Raised Beds, Paths etc. One bed of Raspberries dug weeded and created, two more beds required for Raspberries that have arrived and need to get in the ground.
- Beds and Paths - Main Path into Plot 1 completed now need to dig and weed the remaining square foot gardening beds and two raspberry beds to have new paths .
- Erect the greenhouse - New Timbers have been cut and treated Need to find brackets
- Clear the debris from the bottom of Plot 1 - TBD
- Install the kerb edging along the bottom of Plot 1 - TBD
- Clear the weeds and install a 600mm margin around the perimeter of the plot - Trimmed path around plot 1 during November, margin to be installed
- Trench for hose from corner of plot 1 to the tap and water butt - TBD
- Prep the next Dalek area - TBD
- Cut and paint timber for the Square Foot Gardening raised beds - When dry and able
- Cut and paint timber for the Raspberries raised beds - Done
- Tidy Up the Allotment - Ongoing over the Autumn/ Winter to be completed by March 2021
- Stockpile Timber ready for burning - Most burnt by John for me
- Planning - Ongoing
- Catalogue Seeds - Completed
- Cut Path Weed Membrane - When dry
- Cut Bed Weed Membrane - When dry
- Cut Planting Membrane - Make some narrow bed tomato planting sheets
- None at the moment.- Add when remembered