Thursday 8 September 2016

Wyevale Seed Sale - Visit 2



I've been away for a few days between Bournemouth and the New Forest with my little Triffid (4ft splash and a tongue that can kill a man at 10 paces with one blow), to finish off the mini break I managed to wangle a visit to the Dorking Wyevale as I suggested having a meal and alcoholic beverage at the Windmill which is just up the road.

My hope was a very large group of tables and masses of seed like previous years, but what I actually found was a single table with quite frankly not a great selection, there again its 8 days after the bank holiday start of the seed sale.

I was looking for sweet corn and perhaps marrow, the only things that I'm actually desperate for, I actually came out with 11 more packs of seeds worth £27.61 for £5.50, I'm happy with that.


Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Winter Jewel F1 Hybrid 2 packs - Doh! had not noticed
Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Greyhound
Thompson & Morgan All Season Cabbage - Sir F1 Hybrid, Attraction F1 Hybrid, Minicole F1 Hybrid
Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Savoy King F1
Thompson & Morgan Long Green Striped
Thompson & Morgan Sweet Pepper Summer Salad Mix
Thompson & Morgan Onion Ailsa Craig
Thompson & Morgan Onion Bedfordshire Champion
Mr Fothergill's Marigold (French) Bonita Mix
Thompson & Morgan Kew - Turnip Atlantic

OK I don't usually grow Turnip but I have heard that couch grass does not like them for some reason and I'm happy to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment