Wednesday 28 September 2016

A Summer Type Day

Well after the initial heatwave in September the day time temperature is up again for a few days this week not as good as they were promising but not bad. Add that to the fact that my appointment for the morning has been cancelled, and I had to drop my wife around to her sisters which is half way to the allotment, it was a no brainer a couple of hours in the sunshine was in order.

Spencer Road was the destination as I can't get anywhere near Mill Green. I weeded the onions in bed 3 then set about digging a trench along the boundary up the end of the path and installing another two steel shelf panels that I found on the plot when I took it over last year. The foxes have already tried to dug a hole from my allotment to make a den under the shed and store that my neighbour has at the end of his plot. These will prevent that and I'm hoping will also provide an effective barrier to the weeds that encroach from my neighbours plot.

I also removed the dalek and loaded a layer of sawdust with manure from last year into two other daleks as a layer of brown. The white plastic sheet has been drawn back and black weed membrane has replaced it ready for the delivery of woodchips if and when they finally arrive.

Joe has laid on a half truck delivery of manure for the 28th October which is the earliest date we can have a sure sign that all the allotments that use the police stables as a source of manure are wanting it this time of year.

No photo at the moment I will get one on the next visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment