Friday 29 January 2016

Sarpo Potatoes Arrive

Sarpo Mira, Sarpo Blue Danube, Sarpo Kifli and Sarpo Axona have come and they have been placed in tray modules in Mushroom baskets surrounded by bubble wrap with a Bubble wrap Blanket that comes off in the morning and is put back on over night as the coolest lightest place I can find at the moment is the greenhouse.

Temperatures and frost warnings are being looked at and if the outside temperature is forecast is less than 5C over night they will come in. The reality is forecast 5 in the greenhouse 1.2C and I don't want my spuds getting frost bite and turning to water now do I.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I have a very few (3 each) of Mira and Axona. Am looking forward to not worrying about blight! I only got them today, so they may have to wait a while before being set up in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are looking at being even longer in the dog house then? My first year for the Sarpo's. Dan on YouTube loves them and when he does his flower bucket reveal they always look so good, and with John's discount I had to give them a go this year. The potatoes didn't last long enough so I'm planting more beds this year.

      Delete