Sunday, 10 January 2016

Sprouts and Worms

Well my last visit to Plot 1A was on the 13th December 2015, this was my first visit in 2016 and, the idea was to drop off some items, sacks, shredded paper etc.and perhaps have a little tidy and then go onto Plot 23B.

Then I saw the sprouts and a few had blown and I decided that I would deal with bed 3 and harvest the sprouts.You will see what I found when I went to put the shredded paper into Dalek 3 in the video below.



I have covered the parsnips left to go to seed in the corner of bed 9 with a cloche.

Next was the short trip to my other allotment plot 23B. I managed to fill four more flower buckets with manure and topped the small Dalek at the end of the plot to the brim. I also started to dig and weed the front edge of the plot along the boundary with 23A, and filled a tug with weeds in the process.

My brother-in-law Keith and his wife Pauline were sorting out pallets and working out where to put their new shed, and Keith noticed that some shed doors were open. It appears that last weekend there were shed break-ins on nearby allotments and back gardens in the area.

That's 3 break-ins since I got my plot last September. It does make you wonder if its worth getting a shed and if you do, you may as well never bother to lock it.
  

No comments:

Post a comment