Thursday 15 February 2024

Modifications To Greenhouses

I'm hoping to enlist some help to modify my greenhouses on the plot as with my current and possible future mobility issues I will not find it easy to step in and out of the green house with it, as it is at the moment. Raising the greenhouse up and using the timber sub frame was not a problem when I erected the two Palrams one on each half plot


The timber sub- frame to the second Palram Green house erected in 2021 before being driven into the ground.
These frames give weight and increased the height of the greenhouse internally when I erected them, but now its just a barrier to me getting in and out of the greenhouse easily.


So I'm thinking drill two holes in the timber and then saw a notch out of the timber and take an angle grinder to the steel frame. I will leave about half the depth of the timber to step over to ensure the structural integrity of the timber sub frame and to act as a threshold to the opening door.

I will then have to get some hinges and turn the sliding door into an opening door, I may need to build a door frame into the opening to mount the hinges for an opening door, plus I will need to extend the height or depth of the door.

The steel C Section is screwed to the timber all around and I may have to put some additional fixings either side of the door and perhaps some additional straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment