Sunday 29 January 2023

Greenhouse Loft Extension

Over the last couple of days, I've sealed up the twin-wall polycarbonate with clear silicon on the ends and around the hole, and white frame sealant along the Dormer Cheeks to stop water getting into them as rain flows down the roof.

I brought home another sheet of Twin-Wall Polycarbonate sheeting and have used the elements of the first loft conversion to make a second one for the greenhouse on Plot 1A as that vented window also has slid and twisted this year, it's just not blown off like the one on plot 1
I mounted the louvers grills over the holes and the fans internally tonight. Tomorrow I will add a strut at the rear and get the roof sorted as I've made the support for the solar panels which will be mounted on the roof.

I love it when a plan comes together!


Louver panels glued over the holes to stop any water ingress.


Fans glued in the corners then top and sides. but bottom left so any water can drip away. Tape only temporary, to be removed before the roof goes on the extension.


Dormer cheeks fixed to front panel with the Ryobi glue gun. Fans fitted, wires tapped and tack fixed to the polycarb with glue gun.

Tomorrow I sort out the roof and the mounting of the solar panels on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment