2013 - Built my first Comfrey Pipe after making it in buckets and experiencing the stench, harvesting spring onions, radishes, Wyevale seeds at 50%, trouble getting a fork in the ground used a pick axe. Central path of paving slabs from front garden went in on Mill Green. Wyevale 50p seed sale
2014 - Growing Marrows for the first time, harvesting, Onions, Spring Onions, Carrots, Wyevale 50p seed sale end of August.
2015 - Onion End Rot on Mill Green allotment, harvesting month, Digging up paths for compost bins, First Red Tomato 6th August, Sowing Beetroots, whitlow appeared on my finger just as I got my second plot at Spencer Road.
2016 - End July/Early Aug end of season gardening sale at Wilko, First and last time trying to grow Celery and butternut squash, Pickling Beetroot, 17th August first ripe tomato, end of season Coir top up for next year.
Below is the to do list in no particular order and catching up with what actually happened in July and what has slipped. Way too much has slipped.
- As much infrastructure works as the weather will allow - Ongoing
- Raise the paving for the greenhouse- Ongoing
- Erect the greenhouse - Still waiting for the base to be completed
- Make Air Onion raised bed frame.- Still waiting to be made
- Rhubarb Bed to be created - currently in flower buckets awaiting a permanent home
- Tidy Up the Allotment - Ongoing and looking better
- Blue Hoop Pipe from Mill Green to Spencer Road - Not Yet but blue pipe obtained and just found white rot on the onions so they have been harvested, only spring, walking and tree onions still in.
- Install hoop eyes and training wires for trees - TBD
- Sow Carrot Bed - Scrap Carrots this year, too late
- Trim the grapevine Back - Decided to remove this year and put in raspberries instead.
- Second sowing of sweetcorn in Space Saver Greenhouse - Completed and planted on allotment
- Purchase vent opener for new greenhouse.- Not Yet