Monday 16 May 2016

Sowing Spring Onions & Greenhouse Update.

We do like and consume an awful lot of spring onions, so as I was up early is morning I sowed two trays of 15 vending machine cups of Purplette and Ramrod onions


1 x 15 Module tray of Ishikura Spring Onions sown on the 9th May germinated and showed signs of life a couple of days ago, however there is no sign of life in the 1 x15 Module tray of Pompeii Spring Onions sown at the same time and it still has the propagator on. Next sowing for onions at the end of the month and that will be a tray of White Lisbon and a tray of Shimonita.


Out of all of the different types of  cucumbers sown recently only the Burpless have germinated and the first two plants are now about 30-40mm tall. I will let them all get a little larger and then pot them on into individual pots before they make it to the allotment.

The Sweet Corn is doing well and the tray sown the following day is now germinating but I have enough for two beds on plot 1A. Now I'm thinking about sowing another batch for plot 23B if I can get another bed in quickly. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment