Wednesday 4 June 2014

Wednesday 4th June 2014

There was a break in the rain and the sun came out for a little while just after lunch so I took the opportunity to take the four bread trays down to the allotment and to water the plants in the greenhouse.

I also took down the Epsom salts and watered the potatoes with a solution. Looking close it looks more like slug and snail damage than anything else and I sprinkled some blue pellets of death.

Job 02) Put up strings on 2nd bean frame - from the list above Is now complete and the brambles that had started to grow again in the bean bed have been dug out and the soil turned over.  That also got a sprinkle of blue pellets of death.

The spring onions have had the soil built to blanch the bottoms and to assist in making them stand vertical.

It started to get dark and my hour was about up so I made my way home but noticed that the last pile of woodchip is now all over Bob's plot 3 as a mulch and to supress the weeds - who can blame him - But on a good news point the landscape gardener appears to have dropped off another supply / lorry load so I will top up my paths around bed 11 and 12 this weekend when I get the Brussels in.

No comments:

Post a Comment