Sunday 15 December 2013

Sunday 15th December

15th December - The shortest trip to the allotment ever - I went via my sisters house and picked up two large council sack loads of leafs from her drive and took to the site, I was just in the process of tipping into the leaf bins when I got a sobbing telephone call from my wife that our dog had tumbled down the stairs.

I was hoping he would have been in reasonable health to last over Christmas, but the whole family have now agreed that his quality of life is such that we are going to have to let him go because we love him, it would be cruel to prolong the inevitable. We have increased his pain killers as the vet told us we could but tomorrow I need to get them in to help him into a lasting sleep in the comfort of his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment