Sunday, 12 July 2026

Potting On A Tomato Plant


 

Pot with a water reservoir topped up with clover compost around a pot the same size as used for the small tomato plants that appeared to do well whist I was in hospital 


I watered the compost so if would hold the form when the pot was removed 


Crushed eggshells are a great natural source of calcium for your tomato plants, which is vital for preventing blossom-end rot. To make the nutrients bioavailable, wash, dry, and crush the shells into a fine powder, then mix it directly into your potting soil or planting holes.


There was a nice root structure as I decanted the plant from the pot it was grown in, into the hole formed in the compost in the larger pot  



The compost was topped up and the transplant watered, 5 bamboo canes added more to prevent the cats digging and pooping in the compost


Bamboo's cable tied at the top. Originally my tomatoes were going in the new raised bed on allotment 1 and in the quadgrow's in the greenhouse on plot 1. Now I need to improvise some room here at home, in my new back garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment