Thursday 18 January 2024

French Bean called 'Sunshine'

I found this New climbing French Bean called 'Sunshine' for 2024 in the Organic Gardening catalogue which produces long golden pods that reach up to 180mm (7"). The slender pods are stringless and stand out nicely against the bright green foliage. Cost at time of post 50 Seeds - £2.99

With regular picking, the web site states one can expect heavy yields of tasty beans from July right through to October. and that it's "a most attractive variety from the same breeder as the ever-popular Climbing Bean ‘Cobra’." which is one I have not heard of before but I'm going to look into.

Now that I have the Climbing Frame Greenhouse on the plot I want to exploit the structure to the max in 2024, and as my eldest daughter loves French Beans rather than Runner Beans and it's stringless, and is a new variety it ticks my checklist. 


The 
Organic Gardening web site states "This eye-catching French Bean makes a decorative addition to the vegetable plot and is even pretty enough to grow in the flower border. Height: 180cm (70in). Spread: 30cm (12in)." That's another good reason to grow it in the Climbing Frame Greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment